What are high temperature labels?
High temperature labels (also known as heat resistant labels or heatproof stickers) are labels that can withstand temperatures of up to +388°C as well as chemical and solvent washes, ultrasonic cleaning, lead free soldering baths, reflow and infrared ovens etc.
They can be blank, partially printed or fully-printed with logos and text such as serial numbers, barcodes or batch numbers.
You provide us with your design specifications and we’ll do the rest. We can make them any shape or size and they can come in different colours and finishes such as gloss, matt and satin.
The heat resistant label range is perfect for all electronic component identification and printed circuit board applications where tracking through harsh production and manufacturing processes is critical.
Labels are available in the smallest possible sizes (down to 5mm x 5mm), and the printable coating achieves clear and precise printing of variable data (including linear/2D barcodes, serial numbers and text) using your PC and standard laser or thermal transfer printer.
Polyimides were developed in the 1950s, they are widely used in the electronics, aerospace and other precision industries. The most common polyimide material used for labeling applications today is known for its thermal stability, resistance to high temperatures and flexibility. There are several layers to a polyimide label, including the backing liner, the silicon release material, the polyimide and the printable topcoat.
Polyimide labels can be used by companies that want complete traceability, while requiring a label that can withstand extreme conditions. Polyimide barcode labels can be applied to products at the beginning of the production process with the confidence of knowing that the label is durable enough to keep the information in useable throughout the manufacturing process.
They can withstand extreme temperatures for prolonged periods of time, solvents used in cleaning parts and other harsh manufacturing processes where standard labels will break down.
The metals industry is another industry that requires extremely durable labels to identify metal products, with legible labels, as they go through the manufacturing process.
Polyimide barcode labels you can rely on for supreme traceability, while holding up to the extreme conditions that are a part of your manufacturing process.
What are the benefits of high temperature labels?
- Conform to Environmental Legislation (ROHs, REACH, WEEE, etc.)
- Durable in extreme temperatures (-180°C to +388°C).
- Printable using a standard laser or thermal transfer printer
- Permanent adhesion to all surfaces
- Labels made to any size, shape and design - matched perfectly to your requirements with no tooling charges
High Temperature Labels for Applications Like:
- – Printed Circuit Boards
- – Electronic component identification
- – Paintblock
- – Wave Solder Processes
- – Infrared Ovens and Reflow
- – Ultrasonic Soldering
- – Steel & Metal Manufacturing & more…
Custom Labels for High Temperature Applications
ImageTek Labels has the capability to customize your label with various barcode symbologies, alphanumeric or sequential numbering, custom color logo’s or personalized format. . Our seasoned sales staff will review your project with you and offer the most durable label solutions for testing.
Extreme-Cold Sticker Uses
- Medical labels– Label lab specimens for testing or frozen/refrigerated storage.
- Freezer labels– Label commercial food products for frozen storage and transport or household meals/containers.
- Safety & warning labels– Protect employees in freezers and cold climates with caution signage.
- Instructional labels– Provide customers with cooking instructions on prepackaged frozen foods or leave organizational instructions for employees in an industrial freezer.
- Barcode labels– Ensure products are scannable at their final destination with freezer-proof barcode labels.
Extreme-Heat Sticker Uses
Our labels are compatible with the following hot applications.
- Identification labels– Keep labels intact on tools and products that are used in hot water baths, convection ovens, kilns, autoclaves, and more.
- Barcode labels– Ensure products are scannable at their final destination with heat-proof barcode labels.
- Battery labels– Protect warranty stickers, purchase date information, and more.
- Pump and valve labels– Mark water mains, chemical valves, and other pumps to keep communities safe and speed up response in the event of an emergency.
- Soldered and/or galvanized goods– Label necessary soldering and galvenizing tools and nearby products.
- Printed circuit board and electronic component labels– Barcode and brand electronics with heat-resistant labels.
Temperature-Resistant Label Benefits
- Exceptional durability
- Resistance to abrasion and smudging
- Holds up in direct contact with moisture
- Can withstand short or extended periods at high temperatures
- Doesn't require additional sealants or overcoats
- Can survive multiple cooling or heating cycles
Properties of high temperature labels
- Heat resistant labels will have different properties depending on the combination of label material and adhesive used which will affect the characteristics of the label and how it behaves under certain conditions.
- Some label material is able to resist high temperatures for a long period of time whereas others can only hope for shorter periods as well as the potential of there being multiple reheating cycles that occur.
- The way the label is printed on the material also has an effect. Thermal transfer ribbons need to be precisely matched to the label material to ensure high durability.
- Confused? Not to worry, we have a team of dedicated label specialists on hand to help guide you through the process step by step. Tell us what you need and we will be happy to help.
- We have over 30 years’ experience and our consultative approach will ensure we can recommend the correct label to you first time.
What adhesive options can I choose from?
We have a selection of adhesive options on various materials to choose from, all with unique properties that are geared towards specific requirements. These include:
- Permanent solvent acrylic
- High-tack solvent acrylic
- Heavy-duty high-tack solvent acrylic
- Void/tamper evident
- Water soluble
- A lot of applications require high temperature labels. In industries like electronics, aerospace and automotive, labels need to be able to withstand high temperatures and still be completely legible. Either barcodes or human text, labels in these areas must be effective.
- For high temperature applications, our Polyimide labels are durable enough to remain effective and efficient. Available in several different colors, these labels also meet the specifications for REACH, RoHS, PFOS, WEEE and are Halogen free. Our high temperature Polyimide labels will withstand temperatures up to 1,000°F. In addition to being able to handle extreme temperatures, Polyimide labels are resistant to chemicals and abrasion as well.
Need further information on high temperature labels or labels to withstand extreme conditions? Contact an Crystal-Code Label Specialist xxx-xxxx-xxxx